For details of meeting live or online, please join our mailing list. A link for for this will be added here soon.
We are currently meeting online each Monday evening from 19:30 to 21:00. Please arrive before 19:25. When on the emailing list you will receive the Zoom link every week
Litton: We are meeting in Litton Village Hall on the last Saturday in the month. Please arrive anytime between 9:30 and 10:20 when there will be a silent sit. At 10:30-12:00 we will hold our formal practice.
Address: Litton Village Hall, 3 Church Lane, Litton, Derbyshire SK17 8RA Map
- The usual format of our meetings is to begin with introductions and a brief “check-in”. Then led by facilitators from our sangha, we enjoy a guided meditation, a period of walking meditation then a silent meditation, each of 15 - 20 minutes.
- Next we read from one of Thich Nhat Hanh’s books. On Mondays we read a little of our current book.
- We finish with mindful dharma sharing. This is an opportunity to share from the heart ~ although there is no obligation to do so.
- Sharing mindfully might be about something that has arisen from the meditation, the reading or anything that is on top for you. This is an opportunity to listen deeply to others, giving them our full attention without comment or response.
- If no one chooses to share, then we may have periods of silence.
Donations / Dana
There is no charge to attend our sangha meetings, which are offered by volunteers.
When attending a live sangha, we simply ask that, if you can afford it, a small donation be made towards the hall hire costs (£3 ish). This can be cash or details via our online bank.
When attending a Zoom sangha, you are invited to offer a small donation to the Plum Village monastics. A donation of even a few pounds is appreciated. You can donate to Plum Village here.